Although not quite the finished article, we will be responsive to requests by Maths colleagues. You will be able to :
- Read about our planned workgroups for the year.
- Book on all our current courses and download related invoices.
- Download materials from conferences and workgroups.
- ‘Meet’ the team.
- Make suggestions/comments.
- Sign up for the Solent Maths Hub.
- See our news section for local and national Maths News.
A fantastic turnout for the Solent Maths Hub conference on 30th November 2016, with over 180 delegates from across the region.
The day started with an inspiring presentation from Charlie Stripp, Director of the NCETM (National Centre for Excellence in Teaching Maths) who facilitates the Maths Hubs nationally. After coffee delegates divided into separate areas: Early Years, SEND, Primary, Secondary, Post 16 (Level 2) and Post 16 (Level 3)
Speakers included Professor Paul Glaister , Chair of the Joint Mathematics Council who has consulted on the Smith review on Post 16 Maths education, which is to be published in January. We were also delighted the welcome Carrie and Nancy –our visiting teachers from Shanghai.