Post 16 – Levels 2 and 3
POST 16 DAY CONFERENCE – THURSDAY, 13TH JULY
VENUE: Highpoint, Bursledon Road, Southampton SO19 8BR, 9.30 am – 3.30 pm
Like so many maths teachers across the country, we have eagerly waited for the publication of the Smith review into Post 16 Mathematics. This has been held up for a number of reasons but we hope that there will be some news soon. We fully expect the recommendations to be highly significant at both Level 3 and Level 2.
This event is designed to be as informative as possible about upcoming changes and implications. We are very lucky to have joining us, a number of experts in the field, as follows:
- Carol Knights, Secondary Director, NCETM
- Jeff Trim and Ken Chamberlain, Further Maths Support Programme
- Helen Kelsey, Core Maths Support Programme
- Presentation from representatives from OCR, AQA and Edexcel regarding their new A Level specifications and support
- Dr Charlotta Howarth and Niamh Dobson, Systems BAE Systems
- Professor Paul Glaister, Chair of Joint Mathematical Council and advisor to the DFE on Post 16 Maths (including the Smith Review)
If you would like to attend, please email Amanda.email@example.com.
Please Note: This event is free of charge
CORE MATHS – 3 day course for teachers who have never taught Core Maths before and will be teaching it in September 2017 or 2018.
DATE: 18, 19 and 20 July
VENUE: Highpoint, Southampton
Please find attached, full details. core-maths-training-event-18-20-july